When it comes to reforming our broken health care system, Americans are looking to Congress to come up with pragmatic solutions. Whether these solutions were proposed by Democrats or Republicans matters little to the American people as long as they are the best ideas out there.
Since we began the health care reform debate a year ago, Senate Democrats have incorporated hundreds of Republican concepts and proposals into legislation.
Here we provide a review of some of the most effective Republican initiatives included in the Democratic proposal:
- Enact medical liability reform
- End unfair rescissions
- Provide assistance for small businesses
- Encourage innovative state programs
- Allow Americans to buy insurance across state lines
- Promote healthier lifestyles
- Allow dependents to remain on their parents’ policies