Here are a few things that happened in the eight months since the New START Treaty was signed on April 8, 2010. One thing that apparently did not happen: Republicans taking the time to actually review the treaty.
- Chilean Miners trapped and released.
- Lady Gaga debuted her meat dress.
- Lindsay Lohan returned to rehab, was released, and went back in again.
- Major League Baseball 2010 season began and ended.
- LeBron James announced, “I’m taking my talents to South Beach.”
- BP/Deep Horizon oil spill sprung and contained.
- Donovan McNabb debuted with the Redskins, and was benched. Twice.
- Spain won the World Cup.
- The biggest overhaul of America’s financial laws in decades was debated and passed.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton got Engaged.
- Larry King announced his retirement.
- Conan returned to Late Night.
- Kanye West released his latest album and apologized to former President George W. Bush.
- Former President George W. Bush released his memoir, Decision Points.