Senator Reid asked unanimous consent to withdraw the two cloture motions, the Senate consider a series of amendments to the Continuing Appropriations bill, and then proceed to vote on passage of the bill, as amended. Senator Ayotte objected. Senator Ayotte objected because amendment #46 (strikes $380 million in missile defense program) was not included in the request. Senator Moran said he would have also objected to the request because his air traffic control tower amendment (SA45) was not included in the agreement either.
In approximately 10 minutes (approximately 6:10pm), the Senate will proceed to vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Mikulski-Shelby amendment #26 (substitute) to H.R.933, Continuing Appropriations.
Senator Reid asked the following consent.
Leader: I ask unanimous consent that the two cloture motions be withdrawn; that the following amendments be in order to the Mikulski-Shelby substitute:
– Coburn #69 prohibit Urban Area Security Initiative Grants not improving homeland security);
– Coburn #93 (transfer funds from National Heritage Partnership Program to fund White House public tours and maintenance at public parks/monuments);
– Coburn #65, as modified with the changes that are at the desk (National Science Foundation funding);
– Coburn #70, as modified with the changes that are at the desk (authorizing committees receive information from Homeland Security);
– Inhofe #72, as modified with changes that are at the desk (require Secretaries of Military Departments to carry out tuition assistance programs);
– Grassley #76, as modified with changes that are at the desk (report illegal aliens released dur to budget constraints);
– Mikulski-Shelby #98 (technical corrections); and
– Leahy #129, as modified with changes that are at the desk (to revise language regarding cluster munitions); and
– Pryor-Blunt #82 (poultry inspections).
That no other first degree amendments to the substitute or the underlying bill be in order; that no second degree amendments be in order to any of the amendments listed above prior to the vote; that there be 30 minutes equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees, prior to votes in relation to the amendments in the order listed; that upon disposition of the Pryor-Blunt #82; the Durbin second degree amendment to the Toomey amendment #115 be withdrawn; that all the amendments be subject to a 60 affirmative vote threshold; that the Senate proceed to vote in relation to the Toomey amendment #115; that upon disposition of the Toomey amendment, the Senate proceed to vote on the Mikulski-Shelby substitute amendment, as amended; that if the substitute amendment, as amended, is agreed to; the Senate proceed to vote on passage of the bill, as amended.