As a reminder, at 10:30am there will be up to 7 roll call votes in relation to amendments to S.601, Water Resources Development Act, and on passage of the bill.
The first vote will be the usual 15 minute vote and the remaining votes will be 10 minutes in duration. Senator Reid intends to close the votes as quickly as possible. Senators are encouraged to remain on or close to the floor during the vote series.
Last week we were able to reach short time agreements on the Tavenner (CMMS) and Orrick (Northern District Judge of CA) nominations. Senator Reid intends to execute those orders later today. Senators will be notified when the votes are scheduled.
– Coburn amendment #815 (beach nourishment);
– Coburn amendment #816 (Infrastructure Deauthorization Commission projects);
– Merkley amendment #866 (use of American iron, steel, and manufactured goods);
– Udall(NM) amendment #853 (pilot program);
– Hoeven amendment #909 (surplus water charges);
– Boozman amendment #822 (recreational lands pass programs);
– Passage of S.601, as amended.
At a time to be determined by the Majority Leader, in consultation with the Republican Leader, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #92 the nomination of Marilyn B. Tavenner, of Virginia, to be Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. There will be 1 hour for debate equally divided in the usual form prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination.
At a time to be determined by the Majority Leader, in consultation with the Republican Leader, there will be up to 1 hour for debate equally divided and controlled prior to a vote on confirmation of Executive Calendar #40, the nomination of William H. Orrick, III, of California, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of California.