This afternoon Senator Reid filed cloture on the following nominations:
– Executive Calendar #53, Alan Estevez, of the District of Columbia, to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense;
– Executive Calendar #307, Katherine Archuleta, of Colorado, to be Director of the Office of Personnel Management;
– Executive Calendar #242, Thomas Wheeler, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission;
– Executive Calendar #63, Jacob Lew, of New York, to be the United States Governor to the following International Banks:
– International Monetary Fund,
– International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
– Inter-American Development Bank, and
– European Bank for Reconstruction;
– Executive Calendar #209, Melvin L. Watt, of North Carolina, to be Director of the Federal Housing Agency;
– Executive Calendar #327, Patricia Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit.
If cloture is invoked on any of these nominations (60-vote threshold), there would be up to 8 hours for debate on each of the nominations except for the Millett nomination, which would have up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate. Unless an agreement can be reached, the first cloture vote would occur one hour after the Senate convenes on Wednesday, October 30.