The Senate stands in adjourned until 9:30am on Wednesday, October 30th. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #53, the nomination of Alan F. Estevez, of the District of Columbia, to be a Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense with the time until 10:30am equally divided and controlled in the usual form.
At 10:30am, there will be a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Estevez nomination. If cloture is invoked on the nomination, there will be up to 8 hours of debate prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination.
Upon disposition of the Estevez nomination, the Senate will proceed to cloture votes in relation to the following nominations in the following order. If cloture is invoked on any of the nominations (60-vote threshold), there would be up to 8 hours for debate on each of the nominations, except for the Millett nomination, which would have up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate, prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination.
- Executive Calendar #307, Katherine Archuleta, of Colorado, to be Director of the Office of Personnel Management;
- Executive Calendar #63, Jacob Lew, of New York, to be the United States Governor to the following International Banks:
- International Monetary Fund,
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Inter-American Development Bank, and
- European Bank for Reconstruction;
- Executive Calendar #209, Melvin L. Watt, of North Carolina, to be Director of the Federal Housing Agency;
- Executive Calendar #327, Patricia Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit.