ROLL CALL VOTES
1) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #53, Alan Estevez, of the District of Columbia, to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense; Invoked: 91-8
2) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #307, Katherine Archuleta, of Colorado, to be Director of the Office of Personnel Management; Invoked: 81-18
3) Confirmation of the Archuleta nomination; Confirmed: 62-35
Passed Calendar #228, S.1561, a bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to improve provisions relating to the sanctuary system for surplus chimpanzees with a committee-reported substitute amendment.
H.R.3190, the United States Parole Commission Extension Act.
Adopted S.Res.278, designating October 2013 as “School Bus Safety Month”.
Adopted H.Con.Res.62,provides for an adjournment for the House of Representatives.
Additional EXECUTIVE ITEMS
Confirmed the following items by voice vote:
- Executive Calendar #53, Alan Estevez, of the District of Columbia, to be Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense
- Executive Calendar # Executive Calendar #63, Jacob Lew, of New York, to be the United States Governor to the following International Banks:
- International Monetary Fund,
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Inter-American Development Bank, and
- European Bank for Reconstruction;
Jointly referred the nomination of Rhea Sun Suh, of Colorado, to be Assistant Secretary for Fish and Wildlife, sent to the Senate by the President on October 30, 2013, to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources and the Committee on Environment and Public Works.