The Senate stands adjourned until 2:00pm on Monday, November 18, 2013. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
For the information of all Senators, cloture was filed on the following items on Thursday, November 14th:
– Executive Calendar #381, the nomination of Robert Leon Wilkins, of the District of Columbia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit;
– H.R.3204, Drug Quality and Security Act; and
– Motion to proceed to S.1197, National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014.
The filing deadline for all first degree amendments to H.R.3204,the Drug Quality and Security Act is 3:00pm on Monday. The filing deadline for all second degree amendments to H.R.3204 is 4:00pm on Monday.
At 5:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the nomination of Robert Wilkins to be US Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit with the time until 5:30pm equally divided and controlled in the usual form.
At 5:30pm, there will be up to 4 roll call votes:
1) Motion to invoke cloture on the Wilkins nomination
If cloture is not invoked on the Wilkins nomination,
2) Motion to invoke cloture on H.R.3204, the Drug Quality and Security Act
If cloture is invoked on H.R.3204,
3) Passage of H.R.3204
Upon disposition of H.R.3204,
4) Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1197, the National Defense Authorization Act.