The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Tuesday, December 10, 2013. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #327, the nomination of Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit. All post-cloture time will be considered expired and the Senate will immediately vote on confirmation of the Millet nomination (approximately 10:15am).
Following the vote on confirmation of the Millett nomination, Senators should expect up to 3 additional roll call votes with respect to the reconsideration of the cloture vote on Executive Calendar #209, the nomination of Melvin Watt, of North Carolina, to be Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency:
- Motion to proceed to Executive Session for the reconsideration of the vote by which cloture was not invoked on the Watt nomination;
- Motion to reconsider the vote by which cloture was not invoked on the Watt nomination; and
- Motion to invoke cloture on the Watt nomination, upon reconsideration.
During Monday’s session of the Senate, Senator Reid filed cloture on the following nominations in the following order. Under the rule, the first cloture vote will occur one hour after the Senate convenes on Wednesday, December 11th. If cloture is invoked on a nominee, the number of post-cloture hours is in parentheses next to each nomination. Upon disposition of a nomination, the Senate will immediately vote on cloture on the next nomination.
1) Executive Calendar #378, Chai Rachel Feldblum, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (8 hours);
2) Executive Calendar #330, Elizabeth A. Wolford, of New York, to be US District Judge for the Western District of New York (2 hours);
3) Executive Calendar #347, Landya B. McCafferty, of New Hampshire, to be US District Judge for the District of New Hampshire (2 hours);
4) Executive Calendar #361, Patricia M. Wald, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board (8 hours);
5) Executive Calendar #348, Brian Morris, of Montana, to be United States District Judge for the District of Montana (2 hours);
6) Executive Calendar #349, Susan P. Watters, of Montana, to be United States District Judge for the District of Montana (2 hours);
7) Executive Calendar #358, Deborah Lee James, of Virginia, to be Secretary of the Air Force (8 hours);
8) Executive Calendar #444, Heather Anne Higginbottom, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources (8 hours);
9) Executive Calendar #406, Anne W. Patterson, of Virginia, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Career Ambassador, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Near Eastern Affairs) (8 hours);
10) Executive Calendar #450, Jeh Charles Johnson, of New Jersey, to be Secretary of Homeland Security (30 hours).