The Senate has reached an agreement with respect to several nominations. Under the unanimous consent agreement, there will be 2 roll call votes at 11:14pm this evening, 6 roll call votes at 10:00am Friday and one roll call vote at a time to be determined on Monday, January 6th. The details of the agreement are below.
Today, Thursday, December 19th at 11:15pm, 2 Roll Call Votes:
- Motion to concur in the House message to accompany H.R.3304, the National Defense Authorization Act and
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #456, Alejandro Mayorkas, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security.
Following the cloture vote on the Mayorkas nomination, the Senate will be in period of morning business for debate only with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
When the Senate convenes on Friday, December 20th, all but one hour of post-cloture debate will be expired with the one remaining hour equally divided and controlled between Senators Carper and Coburn.
Friday at approximately 10:15am, 6 roll call votes:
- Confirmation of the Mayorkas nomination,
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #459, John Koskinen, of the District of Columbia, to be Commissioner of Internal Revenue
- Confirmation of the Koskinen nomination
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #382, Brian Davis, of FL, to be US District Judge for the Middle District of Florida
- Confirmation of the Davis nomination and
- Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #452, Janet Yellen, of California, to be Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
Monday, January 6th at a time to be determined by the Majority Leader in consultation with the Republican Leader:
- Confirmation of the Yellen nomination.
The cloture motions on the following nominations were withdrawn:
- Executive Calendar #455, Sloan D. Gibson, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- Executive Calendar #445, Sarah Sewall, of Massachusetts, to be an Under Secretary of State (Civility Security, Democracy, and Human Rights)
- Executive Calendar #371, Michael L. Connor, of New Mexico, to be Deputy Secretary of the Interior
- Executive Calendar #457, Sarah Bloom Raskin, of Maryland, to be Deputy Secretary of the Treasury
- Executive Calendar #356, Jessica Garfola Wright, of Pennsylvania, to be Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness
- Executive Calendar #189, Richard Engler, of New Jersey, to be a Member of the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board.