Roll Call Votes
1) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #456, Alejandro Mayorkas, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security; Confirmed: 54-41
2) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #459, John Koskinen, of the District of Columbia, to be Commissioner of Internal Revenue; Invoked: 56-39
3) Confirmation of the Koskinen nomination; Confirmed: 59-36
4) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #382, Brian Davis, of FL, to be US District Judge for the Middle District of Florida; Invoked: 56-36 (2 Present)
5) Confirmation of the Davis nomination; Confirmed: 68-26
6) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #452, Janet Yellen, of California, to be Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Invoked: 59-34
Passed H.R.3343, to amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to clarify the rules regarding the determination of the compensation of the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia.
Passed H.R.3487, the FEC Administrative Fines Program Extension.
Adopted S.Res.75, condemning the Government of Iran for its state-sponsored persecution of its Baha’l minority and its continued violation of the International Covenants on Human Rights with committee-reported amendments to the resolution and the preamble.
Adopted S.Res.325, designating the week of December 22 through December 28, 2013, as “National Toy Week”.
Adopted S.Res.326, Congratulating the 2013 Southern New Hampshire University men’s soccer team on winning the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II Men’s Soccer Championship.
Adopted S.Res.327, Congratulating Sporting Kansas City for an outstanding 2013 season in Major League and for winning the Major League Soccer Cup 2013.
Adopted S.Con.Res.30, the adjournment resolution.
Completed the Rule 14 process of:
- S.1859, a bill to amend the internal revenue code of 1986 to extend certain expiring provisions and for other purposes. (Reid)
- S.1881, a bill to expand sanctions imposed with respect to Iran and to impose additional sanctions with respect to Iran and for other purposes. (Menendez)
Began the Rule 14 process of H.R.2109, to eliminate taxpayer financing of political party conventions and reprogram savings to provide for a 10-year pediatric research initiative through the Common Fund administered by the National Institutes of Health, and for other purposes.
Discharged the Commerce Committee and confirmed:
PN877 – To be Rear Admiral (Lower Half); Coast Guard
Capt. Francis S. Pelkowski
PN878 – All to be Rear Admiral (Lower Half); Coast Guard
Capt. Meredith L. Austin
Capt. Peter W. Gautier
Capt. Michael J. Haycock
Capt. James M. Heinz
Capt. Kevin E. Lunday
Capt. Todd A. Sokalzuk
Capt. Paul F. Thomas
Confirmed all nominations on the Secretary’s desk in the Air Force, Army and Navy and the following items:
#460 Brig. Gen. Paul S. Dwan – to be Major General
#461 To be Major General-
Brigadier General Catherine A. Chilton
Brigadier General Stayce D. Harris
Brigadier General William B. Waldrop, Jr.
Brigadier General Tommy J. Williams
#462 Col. Josef F. Schmid, III – to be Brigadier General
#463 To be Brigadier General-
Colonel Talentino C. Angelosante
Colonel James R. Barkley
Colonel Thomas G. Clark
Colonel Michael J. Cole
Colonel Samuel C. Mahaney
Colonel Brett J. McMullen
Colonel Jose R. Monteagudo
Colonel Randall A. Ogden
Colonel John P. Stokes
Colonel Stephen D. Vautrain
#464 Col. Stephen E. Rader – to be Brigadier General
#465 Col. Michael T. McGuire – to be Brigadier General
#466 Maj. Gen. John W. Raymond – to be Lieutenant General
#467 Brigadier General Charles A. Flynn – to be Major General
#468 Lt. Gen. David G. Perkins – to be General
#469 To be Brigadier General-
Colonel James T. Iacocca
Colonel Daniel G. Mitchell
Colonel Kurt L. Sonntag
#470 Col. Anthony L. Hall – to be Brigadier General
#471 Col. Paul S. Wilson – to be Brigadier General, Judge Advocate General’s Corps
#472 Maj. Gen. Robert S. Ferrell – to be Lieutenant General
#473 Lt. Gen. Joseph Anderson – to be Lieutenant General
#474 Rear Adm. (lh) Rebecca J. McCormick-Boyle – to be Rear Admiral
#475 Vice Adm. Michelle J. Howard – to be Admiral
#476 Adm. Mark E. Ferguson, III – to be Admiral
#477 Rear Adm. Joseph P. Mulloy – to be Vice Admiral