During Leader remarks, Senator Reid moved to proceed to Calendar #297, S.1950, a bill to improve the provisions of medical services and benefits to veterans. At 10:39am, the Senate resumed consideration of Calendar #294, S.1926, Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014. The time until 11:30am will be equally divided between the two Leaders or their designees.
At 11:15am, there will be up to 4 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Toomey amendment #2707, as modified (substitute);
- Coburn amendment #2697 (NARAB alternative);
- Merkley amendment #2709, as modified (forced planned insurance); and
- Heller amendment #2700 (state authority—private flood insurance).
Following the votes, the Senate will recess until 1:50pm for the DPCC luncheon.
At 1:50pm the Senate will vote on the following:
- Passage of S.1926, Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014, as amended.
All of the above listed votes are subject to majority vote thresholds. There will be 2 minutes for debate equally divided prior to each vote. All votes after the first will be 10 minute votes.