The Coburn amendment was agreed to 100-0. The Senate then agreed to the remaining amendments and confirmed the nominations in the series by voice vote.
– Portman #2827 (language and literacy development)
– Tester #2834 (Tribal construction/renovation of facilities)
– Thune #2838 (child care supply)
– Warren #2842 (financial aid)
– Bennet #2839 (Federal Buildings)
– #634 Puneet Talwar – to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Political-Military Affairs)
– #625 Joseph Pius Pietrzyk – to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Legal Services Corporation for a term expiring July 13, 2014 (Reappointment)
– #550 Dwight L. Bush, Sr – to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Morocco
The Senate continues to consider S.1086, the Child Care and Development Block Grant legislation. We hope to be in a position to vote on any remaining amendments (we don’t expect any additional votes on amendments) and passage of the bill, as amended, after the luncheons.