The Senate will convene at 2:00pm on Monday, March 24, 2014. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.2124, the Ukraine Act.
At 5:30pm, there will be a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.2124.
As a reminder to all Senators, on Thursday, March 13th, cloture was filed on the following items in the following order:
– Motion to proceed to Calendar #329, S.2124, a bill to support sovereignty and democracy in Ukraine, and for other purposes.
– Executive Calendar #581, Christopher Reid Cooper, of D.C., to be U.S. District Judge for D.C.
– Executive Calendar #582, M. Douglas Harpool, of Missouri, to be U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Missouri
– Executive Calendar #583, Gerald Austin McHugh, Jr., of Pennsylvania, to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and
– Executive Calendar #584, Edward G. Smith, of Pennsylvania, to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
As a reminder when cloture is filed sequentially on several items, the Senate will consider one motion at a time. If cloture is invoked on the motion to proceed to S.2124 and once the motion to proceed is adopted (30 hours after cloture is invoked) or if cloture is not invoked, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and vote on the next motion to invoke cloture on the Cooper nomination. If cloture is invoked on any of the US District Judge nominations, there will be up to 2 hours of debate equally divided and controlled on the nomination prior to confirmation of the nomination.