The Senate stands adjourned until 9:30am on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of Calendar #438, S.2244, Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2014. There will be up to 30 minutes for debate on the Coburn amendment #3549, 20 minutes on the Vitter amendment #3550, 10 minutes on the Flake amendment, and 30 minutes on the Tester amendment. Any remaining time until 12:30pm will be for general debate on the bill.
At 12:00pm, the Senate will proceed to a series of up to 5 votes (3 roll calls and 2 voice votes expected):
- Coburn #3549 (roll call on motion to waive Budget point of order expected (60-vote threshold))
- Vitter #3550 (voice vote expected)
- Flake #3551 (roll call vote expected at majority vote threshold)
- Tester #3552 (voice vote expected)
- Passage of S.2244, the Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2014 (roll call vote expected–majority vote threshold)
We expect to reach an agreement to vote at 2:00pm tomorrow on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #849, the nomination of Julie E. Carnes, Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh Circuit at 2:00pm tomorrow.