The Senate stands adjourned until Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 10:00am.
Following any leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 12:00 noon, with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each, with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
At 12:00 noon, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #952, Robert Alan McDonald, to be Secretary for Veterans Affairs.
The Senate will recess from 12:30 until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
At 2:45pm, there will a roll call vote on confirmation of the McDonald nomination, followed by several voice votes to confirm the Andre, Hoza, and Polaschik nominations.
Upon disposition of the Polaschik nomination, the Senate will turn to the consideration of the Highway and Transportation Funding Act. Senators should expect 5 roll call votes in the evening in relation to the Wyden, Carper-Corker-Boxer, Lee, and Toomey amendments and on passage of H.R.5021, as amended, if amended. Senators will be notified when those votes are scheduled.
2:45pm—1 roll call vote, 3 voice votes
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #952, Robert Alan McDonald, of Ohio, to be Secretary of Veterans Affairs (roll call vote)
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #530, Larry Edward Andrea, Jr., of Virginia, to be Ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Mauritania (voice vote expected)
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #543, Michael Stephen Hoza, of Washington, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Cameroon (voice vote expected)
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #899, Joan A. Polaschik, of Virginia, to be Ambassador to the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria (voice vote expected)
TBD—5 roll call votes
- Wyden amendment #3582 (text of Finance-reported bill)
- Carper-Corker-Boxer amendment #3583 (Date Change and Finance Committee-reported financing provisions, with the exception of pension smoothing provisions)
- Lee amendment #3584 (devolution/text of S.1702)
- Toomey amendment #3585 (Exemptions – Damaged Road/Bridge reconstruction)
- Passage of H.R.5021, Highway and Transportation Funding Act, as amended, if amended