Senate Democratic Diversity Initiative
The Senate Democratic Diversity Initiative is a resource office that is designed to assist and recruit diversity candidates for all Democratic Senate offices. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid created the Initiative nearly five years ago to ensure that the Senate workforce reflects the diversity of the nation and the constituents we serve. Our concepts of inclusion embrace differences in race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic background and in recognition of the military service of our veterans.
Telephone: (202) 228-1029
The goals of the Initiative are to:
- Identify resources and develop partnerships with outside organizations, educational institutions and associations to channel diverse candidates to Democratic offices in the U.S. Senate.
- Serve as a strategic partner with the Democratic Chief of Staffs, Committee Staff Directors, and Chief Administrators to identify opportunities for recruitment of diverse candidates for their respective offices.
- Develop and implement methods for recruiting diversity professional staff and interns for positions in Senate Democratic Offices.
- Maintain a database of diversity candidates that can be utilized by Democratic offices when filling positions.
- Assist Democratic offices in identifying resources within their home states, as well as aiding in the recruitment of diversity candidates from their states.
- Utilize our strong relationships with the many organizations around the greater Washington area in reaching out to attract new diverse employees to Democratic Senate offices.
To submit your application for consideration by a Senate Democratic Office, please visit the Senate Democratic Job Bank.