At approximately 12:00pm today, the Senate will conduct up to 3 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #78, the nomination of Heather A. Higginbottom, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Vitter amendment #769, as modified (drug importation) (60-vote threshold);
- Webb amendment #750 (Criminal Justice Commission) (60-vote threshold);
1:00pm filing deadline for all first degree amendments.
At approximately 2:00pm today, the Senate will conduct up to 4 roll call votes in relation to the following:
- Merkley amendment #879, to be modified with the changes at the desk (freight and rail products made in the US)
- Brown amendment #874, to be modified with the changes at the desk (Fair Housing Initiatives Program) (60-vote threshold)
- Moran amendment #815 (Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act)
- Grassley amendment #860 (DOJ Federal Grants) (60-vote threshold)
Additional roll call votes are expected today in an effort to complete action on H.R.2112.
We also hope to vote on confirmation of John Bryson to be Secretary of Commerce.
Additionally, cloture was filed on the motions to proceed to S.1723, the Teachers and First Responders Back to Work Act and S.1726, the Withholding Tax Relief Act. Unless an agreement is reached, these cloture votes will occur on Friday.