WRAP UP FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2013
ROLL CALL VOTES
1) Motion to table the Paul amendment #1200, as modified (border security enhancements); Tabled: 61-37
2) Manchin amendment #1268 (border security contractor salaries)(60-vote threshold) Agreed to: 72-26
3) Lee amendment #1208 (fast track approval for border security)(60-vote threshold) Not Agreed to: 39-59
4) Heller amendment #1227 (NV rep on Southern Border Security Commissions)(60-vote threshold) Agreed to: 89-9
5) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #182, the nomination of Michael Froman, of New York, to be United States Trade Representative, with the rank of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary; Confirmed: 93-4-1(present)
Adopted S.Res.175, observing Juneteenth Independence Day, June 19, 1865, the day on which slavery finally came to an end in the United States.
Adopted S.Res.176, Designating July 12, 2013 as “Collector Car Appreciation Day” and recognizing that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States.
Adopted S.Res.177, honoring the entrepreneurial spirit of small business concerns in the United States during National Small Business Week, which begins on June 17, 2013.
Adopted S.Res.170, Commemorating John Lewis on the 50th anniversary of his chairmanship of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (Isakson)
Passed S.579, a bill to direct the Secretary of State to develop a strategy to obtain observer status for Taiwan at the triennial International Civil Aviation Organization Assembly, and for other purposes.
The Senate passed the following Energy bills:
– S.23, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore;
– S.25, South Utah Valley Electric Service District;
– S.26, Bonneville Unit Clean Hydropower Facilitation;
– S.112, Alpine Lakes Wilderness;
– S.130, Powell Recreation District;
– S.157, Denali National Park;
– S.230, Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation;
– S.244, Federal Permit Streamlining Pilot Project;
– S.276, American Falls Reservoir Hydroelectric Project;
– S.304, Natchez Trace Parkway;
– S.352, Devil’s Staircase Wilderness;
– S.383, Illabot Creek;
– S.393, White Clay Creek; and
– S.459, Minuteman Missile National Historic Site
No additional EXECUTIVE ITEMS