Roll Call Votes
1) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #636, Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security; Confirmed: 58-42
2) Motion to invoke cloture on S.1752, the Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013 (Gillibrand); Not Invoked: 55-45
3) Motion to invoke cloture on S.S.1917, the Victims Protection Act of 2014 (McCaskill); Invoked: 100-0
Additional Legislative Items
Discharged and passed S.1821, the Philippines Charitable Giving Assistance Act with a Hirono-Heller amendment. Further, that if the Senate receives a bill from the House, the text of which is identical to S.1821, as passed by the Senate, the bill be read three times and passed.
Began the Rule 14 process of the following items in order to place the bills on the Legislative Calendar:
– H.R.4118, the Delay Individual Mandate Penalty – IRS.
– S.2097, the Unemployment Insurance Extension Act. (Heller)
Completed the Rule 14 process of H.R.3370, the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act in order to place the bill on the Legislative Calendar.
Additional Executive Items
Confirmed the following items by voice vote:
– Executive Calendar #510, Suzanne Eleanor Spaulding, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary, Department of Homeland Security
– Executive Calendar #511, John Roth, of Michigan, to be Inspector General, Department of Homeland Security
– Executive Calendar #504, Kathryn D. Sullivan, of Ohio, to be Under Secretary of Commerce and Atmosphere
– Executive Calendar #513, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, of Missouri, to be a member of the United States International Trade Commission
– Executive Calendar #640, R. Gil Kerlikowske, of the District of Columbia, to be Commissioner of Customs, Department of Homeland Security and
– Executive Calendar #547, Michael A. Hammer, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Chile