Roll Call Votes
1) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #768, Stanley Fischer, of New York, to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve; Confirmed: 68-27
2) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar 576, David Jeremiah Barron, of Massachusetts, to be United States Circuit Judge for the First Circuit; Invoked: 52-43
Passed S.2086, the Reliable Home Heating Act with a committee-reported substitute amendment.
Passed the following postal naming bills, en bloc:
– Calendar #385, H.R.1036, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 103 Center Street West in Eatonville, Washington, as the “National Park Ranger Margaret Anderson Post Office”.
– Calendar #386, H.R.1228, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 123 South 9th Street in De Pere, Wisconsin, as the “Corporal Justin D. Ross Post Office Building”.
– Calendar #387, H.R.1451, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14 Main Street in Brockport, New York, as the “Staff Sergeant Nicholas H. Reid Post Office Building”.
– Calendar #388, H.R.2391, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5323 Highway N in Cottleville, Missouri as the “Lance Corporal Phillip Vinnedge Post Office”.
– Calendar #389, H.R.3060, to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 232 Southwest Johnson Avenue in Burleson, Texas, as the “Sergeant William Moody Post Office Building”.
Adopted S.Res.421, Expressing the gratitude and appreciation of the Senate for the acts of heroism and military achievement by the members of the United States Armed Forces who participated in the June 6, 1944, amphibious landing at Normandy, France, and commending them for leadership and valor in an operation that helped bring an end to World War II.
Discharged the Judiciary committee and adopted S.Res.445, recognizing the importance of cancer research and the contributions of scientists, clinicians, and patient advocates across the United States who are dedicated to finding a cure for cancer, and designating May 2014, as “National Cancer Research Month”.
Adopted S.Res.454, Recognizing that cardiovascular disease continues to be overwhelming threat to women’s health and the importance of providing basic, preventive heart screenings to women wherever they seek primary care.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place S.2363, Bipartisan Sportsman’s Act, on the Legislative Calendar of Business.
Additional Executive items
Confirmed the following by voice vote
– Executive Calendar #773 Elisebeth Collins Cook, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board for a term expiring January 29, 2020
– Executive Calendar #774 Deirdre M. Daly, of Connecticut, to be United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut for the term of four years
– Executive Calendar #775 James Walter Frazer Green, Louisiana, to be United States Attorney for the Middle District of Louisiana for the term of four years
– Executive Calendar #743 Damon Paul Martinez, of New Mexico, to be United States Attorney for the District of New Mexico for the term of four years