The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will enter Executive Session and resume consideration of the nomination of Linda McMahon to be Administrator of the Small Business Administration, with the time until 11:00am equally divided. At 11:00am, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the McMahon nomination.
Further roll call votes (re: CRAs) are possible during Tuesday’s session.
As a reminder, during today’s session Senator McConnell filed cloture on the following cabinet nominations:
- Mick Mulvaney (Director of Office of Management and Budget)
- Scott Pruitt (Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency)
- Wilbur Ross (Secretary of Commerce)
- Ryan Zinke (Secretary of Interior)
- Ben Carson (Secretary of Housing and Urban Development)
- James Richard Perry (Secretary of Energy)
The first of these cloture petitions (Mulvaney) will ripen one hour after the Senate convenes on Wednesday, February 15th. If cloture is invoked, there will be up to 30 hours of debate followed by a vote on confirmation, which will in turn be immediately followed by a cloture vote on the next nomination in the sequence.
Tuesday, February 14th at approximately 11:00am – 1 roll call vote
- Confirmation of Linda McMahon to be Administrator of the Small Business Administration
Wednesday, February 15th – one hour after the Senate convenes
- Motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of Mick Mulvaney to be Director, OMB