The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.J.Res.40 (CRA re:NICS) with 10 minutes of debate remaining on the joint resolution.
Following disposition of H.J.Res.40, there will be 10 minutes of debate prior to a vote on the motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #16, Mick Mulvaney to be Director of OMB, and if cloture is invoked, the time will be counted as if invoked at 1:00am that day.
As a reminder, during Monday’s session Senator McConnell filed cloture on the following cabinet nominations:
- Mick Mulvaney (Director of Office of Management and Budget)
- Scott Pruitt (Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency)
- Wilbur Ross (Secretary of Commerce)
- Ryan Zinke (Secretary of Interior)
- Ben Carson (Secretary of Housing and Urban Development)
- James Richard Perry (Secretary of Energy)
Each cloture petition will ripen upon disposition of the previous nomination, and each nomination is subject to 30 hours of post-cloture debate.