The Senate stands adjourned until 10:00am on Thursday, February 16, 2017.
Following any Leader remarks, there be 10 minutes of debate followed by the confirmation vote on Executive Calendar #16, Mick Mulvaney to be Director of Office Management and Budget, followed by up to 10 minutes of debate before the pending cloture vote on Executive Calendar #15, the nomination of Scott Pruitt to be Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, and if cloture is invoked the time be counted as if invoked at 7:00am that day. Under the rules, if all time is used on the Pruitt nomination, the confirmation vote would be at approximately 1:00pm on Friday, February 17th.
Thursday, February 16th at approximately 10:30am
- Confirmation of Mick Mulvaney, Director of OMB
up to 10 minutes of debate, then
- Motion to invoke cloture on Scott Pruitt, Administrator of EPA
As a reminder, during Monday’s session Senator McConnell filed cloture on the following additional cabinet nominations:
- Wilbur Ross (Secretary of Commerce)
- Ryan Zinke (Secretary of Interior)
- Ben Carson (Secretary of Housing and Urban Development)
- James Richard Perry (Secretary of Energy)
Each cloture petition will ripen upon disposition of the previous nomination, and each nomination is subject to 30 hours of post-cloture debate.